The electricity cost we consume is increasing day by day depending on many factors. Supply problems and the effects of the pandemic period we live in come at the beginning of the price hikes in Turkey as of 2022. With the new raises, a gradual tariff was applied in electricity bills in our country. With this tariff, if the consumption is above a certain threshold, the invoice price will be calculated from the high multiplier for the usage above the threshold. For instance, let's say the threshold is 100 units. If a family used 150 units of electricity, 100 units will be billed at the lower tariff, and the remaining 50 units will be billed at the upper tariff.
In this new system, the user has a important responsibility. Those who want to pay bills completely at the lower tariff should pay attention to the use of electricity and make saving. For this, certain points need to be paid attention to. Some points to consider for saving electricity are as follows;
- Unplug or turn off electrical appliances you are not using.
- Run your dishwasher and washing machine at full capacity.
- When buying new household appliances, pay attention to the energy class. Choose the efficient ones.
- Prefer energy-saving LED lamps instead of incandescent lamps, do not leave the light on when you leave the room.
- Do not take too long to preheat the oven. Do not open the oven door frequently.
- Use solar energy if it is possible.
A significant part of the general electricity consumption is used for lighting purposes. Therefore, as Yakan Lighting, we produce outdoor lighting products that work with solar energy in order to save money. These nature-friendly products, which provide lighting entirely with the energy they store from the sun, are not affected by electricity cuts, electricity bills and it's price raices since they are grid-off. In this way, it pays for itself as it is used and contributes to the economy of the user.